The Global Health Research Center (GHRC) of Duke Kunshan University (DKU) is seeking two motivated and detail-oriented Research Fellows to supporting all research activities tied to Dr. Yunguo Liu’s Global Health research funds. These funds will be used to give research funding support to young global health faculty and researchers at DKU in collaborations with domestic and international research institutions.
Duke Kunshan University and the Duke Global Health Institute established the GHRC in 2013. The GHRC is populated by interdisciplinary scholars of Global Health, including DKU faculty in graduate and undergraduate programs in Global Health. The Center uses innovative approaches to research and solve significant health issues and health policy challenges in China and worldwide.
This positions are in Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province, China.
How to Apply
Review of applications will be on a rolling basis and continue until the position is filled. Please find this position here and directly apply. It is also highly suggested Submit your cover letter and CV including key publications if nay, with the subject line of “Research Fellow for Global Health Research Center” to email@example.com.
Prof. Yunguo Liu, Co-Director of Global Health program, Duke Kunshan University
- Assist professors on health-related research work, including field visits, paperwork, such as project and grant applications, literature review, translation, data collection and analysis, and preparing ethical review application and the relevant narrative report of projects.
- Participate and conduct research activities in global health.
- Liaison with research partners to facilitate collaborative project implementation, including local hospitals, national and international research institutes.
- Coordinate meetings and academic workshops for the projects with research collaborators and partners.
- Help professors submit reimbursement, archive necessary documents and track budget for the fund use.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- University employees’ job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows and complexity in its programs.
- Academic background in any health-related area is desirable.
- Have basic experience and ability of carrying out research project, in any field of Health System and Policy (Primary Healthcare, Health Economics, and Health Infomatics and Data Science), Population Health and Well-being (Maternal and Child Health, Healthy Ageing, and NCDs), and Health Security and Environment (Infectious diseases, Environmental Health, and Health Security)
- Familiar with essential research methodology, onsite fieldwork and project management
- Have advanced skills in Microsoft software and data management and analysis
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Ability to work under pressure, both independently and within a team.
- Hardworking, fast learning, cooperative, team building, and attention to detail.
- Be able to travel for field studies domestically and internationally as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Years of Related Working Experience
- Have at least one year experience in health or health related research.